The Kiss Of Deception Book Review

Title: The Kiss Of Deception

Author: Mary E. Pearson

Number of Pages:  492

Series: Book #1 in The Remnant Chronicles


A princess must find her place in a reborn world.

She flees on her wedding day.

She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor's secret collection.

She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.

She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.

The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can't abide. Like having to marry someone she's never met to secure a political alliance.

Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.


This book had me from the get go I was just hooked a badass princess thinking about her on life and being independant umm yes please. This story is not like any other princess story I've read its different with not one but two guys chasing after her one who an assasin and the other the prince she was supposed to get married to and you don't know which guy is which I thought I knew but turns out that I was wrong. There are 3 point of views in the story the assasin, prince and Lia and I enjoyed how each of them were written. The world building was done beautifully you could just picture how it looked like, I just wanted to be transported there with all the hills and praries. They travelled alot in this book and there was always something that was happening from war to running away.




Lia is the main character of this book she is an independant princess who wants to make her own decision in life and decides to run away from the throne and her kingdom. I really admired her strength and the amount of confidence she had to start her life over in a new place with nothing but the clothes on her back leaving behind her family and all the riches just for her freedom. Throughout the book she kept up the strength and stood up for self along with others.



Rafe and Kaden are the love interests in the book in this book and im not going to reveal much about them because it's going to ruin the story and spoil which is which all you need to know is that im in love with both of them and im having a very hard time choosing which one I like over the other because they are both just too swoonworthy, I can seriously imagine Lia having a life with either Kaden or Rafe and I can't wait to see who she chooses. 


I really enjoyed the writing in this book it was absolutely astonding I felt like I was right there with the characters right in the middle of the action and I loved every bit of it I was surprised how fast I went through it it didn't feel that long at all I would admit that most of the action took place in the second part of the book but I liked the first part alot as well. 

I can't wait to pick up the next one and figure out what happens to my boys and Lia!!

I'd give this book a 5/5 and I highly recommend you read it.





Comments

Popular Posts