Cinder Book Review

Title: Cinder

Author: Marissa Meyer

Number of Pages: 390 pages

Series: Book #1 in The Lunar Chronicles Series

 Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must 
uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.                          

I took me two tries to get into this book because I was sort of confused by all the cyborg stuff but I finally got into it and it was pretty fast paced after. There was so much going on like plague, a upcoming lunar war, evil princess and the ever so charming prince 😉. Round of applause for Marissa Meyer for thinking of this concept and creating this world, it's so different from anything I've read. Set in a futuristic China where there are androids and cyborgs along with evil aliens who live on the moon it was really different and interesting. I enjoyed how it was loosely based of of Cinderella and how it had certain aspects from Cinderella in it.


Cinder our main character is a very strong, independant and feisty girl I loved hearing this book from her point of view. She knows what she wants in her life (which includes her freedom from her evil step mother) and has goals which may be impossible but she strives toward completing them.



And Prince Kai *swoons* I mean common he's perfect and so charming. He's just trying to be a normal guy and at times it hurts to see how much our prince charming has to go through and how much responsibility he has to bear on his shoulders. He know's what to do for the wellbeing of his people. Through the book he has to make some serious decisions throughout the book that causes him some major sacrifices one of which had me screaming into my pillow because I was so upset and even though I don't agree with his praticular decision I still love him.





The relationship was really cute between these two. In the beginning Cinder was trying to keep her distance away from him (her being a cyborg and him being a prince) and supressing her feelings but nobody can stay away from prince's charms for too long.

All in all I think this book was action packed with something happening at every turn mysteries being unfolded, romance, sacrifice it was great and the ENDING holy moly what a CLIFFHANGER my poor heart just couldn't handle it I didn't know what to do with myself so Idid the obvious thing and picked up Scarlett which I will have a review up for soon.

I give this a 4/5 stars no stop just sitting there and go read the book!!!


 









Comments

Popular Posts