Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Mass Book Review/First Post

                                                           

Welcome to my book blog on my blog I will be giving book reviews and the latest bookish news on your favourite up and coming YA books. I'm glad to start off with Queen of  Shadows which is the fourth book in one of my favourite series the Throne of Glass series.

Now onto the review of Queen of Shadows.

"The queen has returned.


Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return."



   Okay so all I have to say is this book was AMAZING. I feel like with every book in this series that comes out is just getting better and better. I feel like in this book we really get a sense of how this world and universe is built up along and it definitely answers some of the questions and things that we've been wondering about from the other books which I really love and really appreciate. 

We also get to learn a lot more about characters like and how they develop threw this book and we also get some new characters who are confident and fierce. In this book I feel like Aelin has to make some very hard decisions and she really gains a lot of confidence in this books and in the end I feel a lot of pride for her and how she has grown up and how she has learned and achieved so  much. Obviously all the other girls in this book kick butt as well I mean Manon, Nesryn and Lysandra are so confident and strong and are really the kind of girls that Aelin needs beside her. Not to mention we get more of our faves guys like Dorian, Chaol, Rowan and Aedion I mean every guy in this book is beautiful in there own way and I love all of them because they all bring something different. Every time Dorian was in pain it broke my heart and I just wanted to run in and help him, every time Rowan and Chaol were out fighting like the brave guys they are and helping Aelin it made me feel so good but at the same time I was scared that something would happen, and then Aedion would come in cracking a joke and it would all be fine again. Alot of things happen with relationships in this book and although I was not on this ship from the get go iv'e decided that it's the best choice for her and that whatever happened is for Aelin's good.

So all in all I give this book a 4/5 stars and I highly suggest you read it for yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts